Team Supra's Taylor McCullough Featured in Examiner

Supra Boats @Supra_Boats Team Rider Taylor McCullough is getting some serious ink with pro level of riding

Read the examiner.com article reposted below. Make sure to check out the video from Wake Girls. So sick!!!

When it comes to wakeboarding, Taylor McCullough could probably tell you a thing or two. Taylor is not your average wakeboarder. Last year, at age 13, she made the jump from amateur wakeboarder to professional. Her ambition and dedication to the sport has left her with a résumé full of wins which will most likely continue to grow.

I had the opportunity to interview Taylor and learn more about her passion for wakeboarding.

Action Sports Examiner: Tell me a little bit about yourself. When did you first get into wakeboarding and what are some of your other hobbies and interests?

Taylor McCullough: When I was 3-years-old I started skiing on training skis. I was introduced to wakeboarding when I was out at our lake house, and a guy that lived nearby told me I should try it out. I’ve loved the sport ever since.

Besides wakeboarding, I enjoy softball, track, volleyball and cross-country.

Examiner: When did you know you wanted to be a professional wakeboarder?

TM: When I made it to finals last year and won 5th place. No one else in my division was in pro. It really made me want to become better at wakeboarding.

Examiner: What do you do for training to physically and mentally prepare for a competition?

TM: I go to the gym and do weights. I practice at Centralia Lake almost every day from April to November. During the off-season, I go to Orlando almost every other weekend to continue to ride and train.

Examiner: Do you ever get nervous when you go to perform a trick?

TM: I do get nervous, but I try and stay mentally prepared and have confidence in myself that I can do my tricks.

Examiner: What is your favorite trick you do?

TM: A Kgb: a wrapped heel side backroll with a backside 360.

Examiner: Who is your favorite wakeboarder and why?

TM: I like all wakeboarders really. They’re always willing to help me out and give me advice to help me improve my wakeboarding.

Examiner: What kind of advice would you give to kids that want to go into wakeboarding?

TM: Just have fun with it. Don’t take it very seriously, and just keep having fun.

To say that I’m impressed with this determined young lady would be an understatement. Taylor was extremely pleasant to chat with, and you can just tell she's grateful for all that has come her way. I could just picture a huge smile on her face as I spoke with her. She has already accomplished so much at such a young age and has definitely earned her pro title. And to top it off, Taylor still manages to get straight A’s on her report card while doing all of her wakeboarding. She’s a fantastic role model and example to not only kids but to adults as well. Her focus, progression in wakeboarding and motivation is amazing and inspiring. We will, without a doubt, be hearing a lot more great accomplishments made by Taylor McCullough in the near future.

To learn more about Taylor and see some videos of her in action, visit her Web site, www.taylor.us.com.

If you enjoyed this article, please click on Subscribe at the top of the page to receive E-mail notifications for future articles by this author. Also join my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment